2nd Edition – Astronomy Junior Notebooking Journal
This beautifully designed full color notebooking journal is the perfect companion to the Astronomy 2nd edition textbook. The activities in this notebooking journal provide everything your child needs to complete the assignments in the course.
13 in stock
This beautifully designed full color notebooking journal is the perfect companion to the Astronomy 2nd edition textbook. The activities in this notebooking journal provide everything your child needs to complete the assignments in the course. In addition to a suggested lesson schedule, it serves as your child’s individual notebook and provides a place for them to complete assignments, record their experiments, and display their work. The junior version includes activities and pages geared to younger children such as: primary writing lines, coloring pages, and interesting and fun vocabulary activities.
The Junior Notebooking Journal is for grades K-2nd/3rd, depending on your child’s writing level. The Junior edition of the Notebooking Journals include coloring pages, wider writing lines, easier vocabulary activities, and less writing.
Please note: The first edition Notebooking Journals do not coordinate with the updated textbook.
Included in the Astronomy Notebooking Journal is:
- A daily schedule for completing the reading, activities and projects, utilizing a two-day per week plan.
- Fascinating Facts Templates for your student to record what they learned with both words and illustrations.
- Templates for completing the Notebooking Assignments.
- Review Questions, which can be answered orally or in writing as a written narration.
- Scripture Copywork, with both print and cursive practice – which is a valuable method for memorizing Scripture, teaching spelling, grammar and writing, as well as handwriting practice.
- Project Pages for the student to keep a record and log of projects they completed.
- Take it Further ideas for additional activities, projects, experiments, books or videos that correlate with the lesson.
- Beautiful, full-color, lapbook-style Miniature Books, which the students may wish to create, encouraging them to record facts and information they learned in each lesson. These are then placed on the Miniature Book Paste Page, to display in their notebook.
- Field Trip Sheets to document astronomy-related field trips they enjoyed during their studies.
- A Final Review with fifty questions the students can answer either orally or in writing to show off all they remember and know about astronomy at the end of the course.
What you will find in the 2nd Edition
- Biblical wisdom used throughout the textbook
- Infographics to help children see information in an understandable format
- 14 lessons updated with current scientific data
- Wisdom from Above and Think About This callout boxes which give special attention to God as Creator
- A new color-coordinated schedule for the textbook, notebooking journals, and lab kit
- Fresh layouts for activities found within the textbook
- All new full-color illustrations
- Space to journal each textbook and notebook activity
These Notebooking Journals are a perfect compliment to Exploring Creation with Astronomy. Each student will cherish their individual notebook as they make it their very own with words and illustrations reflecting all they have learned in their pursuit of astronomy. Additionally, it serves as your record of your student’s scientific endeavors throughout the year. When your child flips through their notebook, they will be reminded of the knowledge they have attained, reviewing the material as they peruse the pages they have created.